Join other writers of fiction, non-fiction, prose, poetry, books, stories, and articles. Network with dozens of writers: some published, some wanting to be published, some who are compelled to write, and some who are thinking about it. Discuss all aspects of the craft and business of writing.
Membership costs only $25 per year ($10 for high school and college students). Membership renewal is due annually on September 1st. Membership is prorated for those joining after the annual renewal date.
- Members receive a membership directory and are listed in the upcoming directory.
- Members may participate in critique groups where they have the opportunity to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Members are encouraged and permitted to submit any personally written materials (up to 1500 words) to be published on the sierrawriters.org web site.
- Members may promote books, blogs, workshops, or other pertinent items in the Sierra Writers newsletter or website.
- Members receive a discount for special seminars or workshops when hosted by Sierra Writers.
- Membership fees support the Young Writers Contest and other community organizations.
Annual membership fees are $25 per person. Fees are due with the application (pro-rated) and then on September 1st each year after that. Bring the completed membership form with your payment to our general meeting held the second Wednesday of most months, or print and mail it (and an enclosed check) to: Sierra Writers, PO Box 1595, Grass Valley, CA 95945-1595
Prorated membership fees:
Sierra Writers membership is September 1 through August 31. Dues are $25, payable on September 1st. The amount due for new members will be prorated according to the month of joining. Below is a schedule to assist you in determining the amount for which to write the check: