Join other writers of fiction, non-fiction, prose, poetry, books, stories, and articles.
Network with dozens of writers: some published, some wanting to be published, some who are compelled to write, and some who are thinking about it. Discuss all aspects of the craft and business of writing.
- Members receive a membership directory (updated in February) and are listed in the upcoming directory.
- Members may participate in critique groups where they have the opportunity to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Members are encouraged and permitted to submit any personally written materials (up to 1000 words) to be published on the Sierra Writers Newsletter published quarterly, subject to light editorial changes.
- Members may promote books, blogs, workshops, or other pertinent items in the Sierra Writers newsletter or Facebook page.
- Members receive a discount for special seminars or workshops when hosted by Sierra Writers.
- Membership fees support the Young Writers Contest and other community organizations.
Annual membership fees are $25 per person. Fees are due with the application (pro-rated) and then on September 1st each year after that. Bring the completed membership form with your payment to our general meeting held the second Wednesday of most months, or print and mail it (and an enclosed check) to: Sierra Writers, PO Box 1595, Grass Valley, CA 95945-1595.
We ENCOURAGE payment online via Membership/Online registration/Add to cart – but don’t forget to download, fill out the form, and either mail it in or bring it to one of our meetings.
Full-Year and Half-Year membership fees:
- $25 for an entire year (September 1st through June 30th)
- $12.50 for a half year (anytime on or after February 1st through June 30th) – [$15.00 effective after Sept. 2018]